Day One: Ha Long Bay and Settling In

October 11, 2019
Ha Noi à Ha Long

We landed in Hanoi where there was a driver waiting for us. He had a sign with my Vietnamese name, Mr. Trac. That was surprising and cool.

Then, we drove to Ha Long, which was 2 hours long. I was asleep the whole time so didn’t see anything cool. When we arrived in Ha Long, we immediately went to our new home. It is a huge 2 bedroom apartment that has an amazing view of Ha Long Bay. You guys would love it. It even has cable TV that my mom does NOT LET ME WATCH :( 





















After I did my homework, we went to have lunch. I ordered watermelon juice and coconut juice, my favorites. The coconut juice got sweeter and sweeter. My mom ordered mi quang, a noodle dish. The yellow noodles were delicious but the meat was tough.

My mom then took me to her colleagues home. He had the best security system I have ever seen. He also has a 14 year old and 7 year old boy. I liked playing with them.





Comments

Winnie said…
Godmother: what a cool welcome sign, oooo I remember how delicious the watermelon juice tasted, how can we get that security sytem for my place? Help me!

Godfather:tous you're so lucky, I wish we could be there with you, we are both looking at your blog together, it's so cool

Popular posts from this blog

Day Six - A Normal Day in Ha Long Bay

Heading Back to Ha Long Bay

Ha Noi