Day Seven - More Fun and Shaman Training

Hey, get away from me I am sending blogs, they are very fragile. Just kidding.

This morning my mom woke me up early to have breakfast so I was pretty tired. The food was delicious though. We were going to have pho but the "Ha Long pho" (aka bún riêu hải sản) was available. We also had banh cuon again. You can see the nuoc mam sauce this time in the picture. 

I told my mom to take the picture of the moped because want her to get it for me. She said, "no way." But, I saw lots of kids my size riding this moped. What do you think? Should I ride it? 


After eating I worked on cursive and we watched "The Series of Unfortunate Events." It is interesting and cool. My favorite character is the baby because she can chew thick rope. She also can talk but not talk. 

School was out today YAY! So, my mom took me to the beach again. She always bargains with the taxi driver and if they don't take her price, we walk 15 minutes to the beach. The taxi drivers are rude, but my mom is pretty cheap too LOL. This time we had to ask two taxi drivers. One guy said, okay, so took us to the beach. 



The beach was deserted again. We made up new games like throwing wet sand at each other. Then we saw flying fish, lots of them. Maybe they are just regular fish but they jumped out of the water. I was scared but then got use to it.



  

There is a lot of construction at Ha Long Bay. There are new building everywhere. Even the beach walk is being build. We took a moped home because I didn't want to walk. The moped driver had two helmets and we rode in the back. His teeth looked really bad. The ride was a little scary but better than walking. I keep telling my mom to get a moped so we can go to the beach faster, but she said, "why?"



We relaxed at home with lots of fruits and ice-cream. The ice-cream flavors are cool - coconut, taro, and mango! We ate so much ice-cream. My godmother, Yaya, said the spirits said to treat me with lots of ice-cream, so my mom buys me all the ice-scream I want in Viet Nam. 🍧



At dinner we had chicken feet again at the Shaman's house which I did not eat. I ate the boiled fried egg and rice but was not that hungry.  




We then went to temple where the Shaman worked. He told everyone about my Yin eyes so they kept asking me to "read" them. I was pretty accurate. I saw a shadow spirit behind one man who was possessed. 

Then they had a birthday party for Bi. It was the super fun because there were bikes and video games. The cake had mung beans in it, yummy!



Bye guys, see you later.

Comments

Que said…
looks Good Tous!

Emmi & Daddy!
Unknown said…
Hi Tous,
Looks like you have a fun time swimming. Have you finish your Kumon today? Ms. Jacke

Popular posts from this blog

Day Six - A Normal Day in Ha Long Bay

Heading Back to Ha Long Bay

Ha Noi