Day 16 - Very Long and Tiring Sunday

Aloha guys! I'm back blogging. I did a lot this Sunday. 

So first I got breakfast and went to the same alleyway I always go to. I had my new favorite dish, a leaf scramble with sausage in a baguette roll. Food was good but I was sleepy and tried to sleep for a few more minutes waiting for my food. Then I went to school. I fell asleep in school a few times. I woke up a one second each time. My teacher took pictures. I finished my work though.

After school my mom was about 10 minutes late to get me. When we went outside she said the moped in front of the school looked pretty sweet and wouldn't it be cool if it was ours. Then she said, hey, look, there's a key in the ignition, so why don't we steal it. I had to block her with my body because I didn't want to go to jail in Viet Nam. She was really into stealing my teacher's moped and I literally had to beg her to stop. Then she started laughing her butt off and said she had gotten it from a friend. I totally did not believe her for a second but then realized, oh, that makes sense. My mom got me good. 

We met up with friends for bun mam lunch. I could not eat the mam tom (shrimp sauce) so I got nuoc mam (fish sauce) instead. Then with the moped we went to the old part of Ha Long...but, really, my mom just looked at clothes. Then we walked with her friend's kids up the side of the clothes shop. We saw people living on the side of the mountains. They told us it was not a through street but we kept on exploring. The little kids said we may see monkeys but we did not see anything but homes on a hill. It was kinda cool.

Then I reminded my mom that I made a soccer date with Bien. So, we walked back to the moped. But my mom was super thirsty and I was hungry, so we shared pizza and had fresh squeezed fruit drinks near by the clothes shop with our friends. It took forever so we rushed back. On the way back we saw a scene out of a war movie. These building looked like it got bombed. But, in fact they were getting torn down. I have pictures and videos. Then on the bridge there was a truck that that blocked the moped road so we went off-road. That was scary but fun.

We made it to soccer about one hour late. I joined right away. The boys were all Bien's age, 14. I was the smallest kid but they were cool about it. Soccer was so tiring, but my team won! I got to test out my GoPro on my chest. I have a lot have of recordings. 

After soccer, we went to this Eastern medicine place. The "doctor" there just felt everyone's pulse and told us the medical problems we had. Then he gave us huge bags of herbs for out health. He then showed us a gigantic carp and cat fish pond. I swear there were LITERALLY thousands of fish there! They said the big fish would eat the smaller fish to live. Crazy!

I came back and did some spirit stuff with the Shaman. She showed me a lion in the spirit realm. It tried to bite my arm off. I was scared but my mom told me I would be fine. It was cool. Well I guess that is all for today. Bye dogs. Yeet!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day Six - A Normal Day in Ha Long Bay

Heading Back to Ha Long Bay

Ha Noi