Day 18 - First Day in Ha Noi


Hey guys it's me Pilot Ninja 6, thats my name from War Robots.

Today I went to Hanoi. It took 2 hours too get to Hanoi and the mini van that I was in was fancy with wifi. But, it was so bumpy like a roller coaster ride because they had bad suspension. How dumb is that?

We are staying in this place call Pho Co/Old Quarters. Every street has a special name depending on what they are selling. We are on Hang Giay/Show Street. They use to sell shoes here a long time ago. Now they sell CANDY! How lucky am I. I hope my mom lets me buy some.

When we go to our AirBnB, we had literally 30 seconds to get ready because my mom's friend was picking us up to go to a meeting. He runs the largest ecotourism company in Southeast Asia. They talked a lot then he took us to another meeting. The meeting was at an ao dai shop again, because my mom had to interview the designer. Her other friend, a silversmith, Bac Lien, was also there.

I thought I was going to be bored so I started drawing. But, then it turns out the designers son is also 10 so the owners took me to him. He spoke English really well so I could talk to him. His family is from Spain but they have lived in Viet Nam forever so they know Vietnamese too. We watched videos on Youtube and laughed because we were watching funny stuff.

Well, after I left my friend, we had to get dinner. Dinner was pretty good because I had scrambled eggs, fish, and rice. Then my mom's friend took her to her friend's shop to look for things for the alter. My mom got a few small things and I found the smallest Tran Hung Dao statue they had. We are going to add him to our altar at home because he was my commander in my past life.

See you in a week or more. Lots is happening here for me every day, but seems lots more is happening where you guys are. Is everyone okay with the blackouts and fires? I saw online that a bridge in the Bay Area is on fire and maybe burned down I think. That is the bridge my mom uses to get to her college because she is a professor at UC Davis. When I return, we may all be out of school still because smoke and fires. Ha Noi pollution is bad but you may have it worst with smoke in the Bay Area. Wear masks, okay?  WELL ByE gUys heRe Are soMe PHoTOs

P.S. Having difficulties with photos at the moment but I will post later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day Six - A Normal Day in Ha Long Bay

Heading Back to Ha Long Bay

Ha Noi