Day 20 - Halloween in Hanoi



Hey guys, I am heading back to Ha Long tomorrow and totally tired, but still have to blog to you guys. So, today was Halloween in Vietnam and I had an awesome time. I got my costume all in Pho Co/Old Quarters in Hanoi. I dressed as a grim reaper and was looked at by many people and kids. I wore an ao dai, a skull mask, and held scythe as part as the costume. We actually got the mask in the morning after I got my ao dai was shortened by a local seamstress.

We had cha ca/fish sausage and noodles for lunch in a really famous cha ca place. I think it’s like 100 years old or something. Then we had to pick of tickets for the closing of Vietnam Fashion Week. My mom teaches about fashion. On the way back we have ice-scream at the well known Kem Trang Tien. My mom said when she was there in 1993, they had popcicles on a stick, and when people finished eating the icecream, they would throw the sticks on the ground. A worker would come and pick up the sticks and wash it to make more. My mom said she had the runs for a year in Vietnam because of unsanitary foods. Ew. Things are cleaner now, no more dirty popcicle sticks.

After ice-scream I finally got my xich lo ride home. Then we went to a nice coffee shop so my mom can meet with her colleagues. They talked and I drew. I had tasty yogurt in ice drink. I understood a lot of what they were talking about so I added my thoughts. My mom sqeezed my cheeks :D

After that we went to visit two designers in West Lake. My mom is going to do an exhibit on ao dai so she had to talk to ao dai designers. I was trying to play with my friend again, who's the son of one of the designers. But, he was not there. I just scared the staff with my costume instead. 

Then we met with bac Lien. She is with us ALLLLL the time. I just want to be with my mom. Anyway, we went to my first fashion show. I was sooooo sleepy. Then it started and it was pretty cool. My mom and I made a lot of commentaries. It was funny. Then it was long and I wanted to sleep again. We didn't get home until midnight. It was raining so hard on my costume. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day Six - A Normal Day in Ha Long Bay

Heading Back to Ha Long Bay

Ha Noi