October 13, 2019 The Market This morning Co Oanh and Bi came to see us ( wife and son of the Shaman) . We were hungry, so they took us to have banh cuon for breakfast, it is some sort of rice dish with meat. I had it many times before. It was pretty good here, especially cha lua ( fish patty) that came with it. But, I think it was made of squid instead, cha muc. Then we went to a coffee shop. We were there for a LOOOONG time because my mom ordered filter drip coffee and it takes forever to drip (see pix). I didn't mind because Bi knows a lot of kids in the neighborhood and we hung out playing miniature pool and even crossed the street by ourselves to meet with other kids. After breakfast we went to the market to get ingredients to make lunch. The market was crazy because people drove TANKS in there. LOL Okay, just kidding, why would they do that? It is still crazy though, because instead of tanks, they drove mopeds and motorbikes...
Comments